Taggarts is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users while providing the highest possible quality of service. Under the terms of the Data Protection legislation, we are required to explain to you how we will treat any personal and/or private data which we collect from you.
The information we collect via the Website may include.
1. Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
2. Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
3. Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
1. To process your order, to provide after sales service.
2. In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out.
3. We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address and payment of £10 to cover administration expenses to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data collected about you by Lookers plc or any subsidiary of Lookers plc will be used to (i) fulfil any service or order you may request, (ii) improve customer service, (iii) to send marketing and communications to you, and (iv) to contact you about safety issues, servicing and MOTs. Your personal data may be shared with other subsidiaries of Lookers plc, the vehicle manufacturer and selected third parties (such as providers of automotive products and value added services such as insurance), some of which may be based outside the EEA
We, and third parties with whom we have shared your information, may contact you with information about products and services that we, are the third parties, think may be of interest to you. We and the third parties will only contact you with such marketing if you indicate your consent and select at least one preferred contact method, such as mail, telephone, SMS or email.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you do not want to receive marketing from us please do not tick the box below. You can also unsubscribe at any time by contacting us at Lookers plc, 776 Chester Road, Stretford, Manchester, M32 0QH or by emailing us at Lookersdata@lookers.co.uk stating "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line. It may take up to 30 working days to unsubscribe you from our marketing. If you do not wish to receive marketing from any third party (including the manufacturer) please contact them directly.
You have the right as an individual to find out what information we hold about you and to make corrections if necessary. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee (currently £10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. All subject access requests must be made in writing to the Data Protection Officer of Lookers plc at Lookers plc, 776 Chester Road, Stretford, Manchester, M32 0QH, and include the fee stated.